Photos courtesy of Jane Frye
John Manning, M.D., M.S., HDMG Plastic Surgeon was honored by the Boy Scouts of America, Antelope Valley District, at their Annual Heroes Dinner. The dinner was on June 10th, at 6:30pm, at the Larry Chimbole Cultural Center. Dr. Manning received the “Justin Wotasik Humanitarian Award” — an honor given for his outstanding service in the Vietnam War, and his generous public service to the Antelope Valley.
Highlights of Dr. Manning’s Life:
– Major in the United States Army, Medical Corps, during the Vietnam War; decorated with a Bronze Star, Air Medal, Commendation of Valor, and Gallantry Cross- Republic of Vietnam.
– Doctorate at Marquette University, Medical College of Wisconsin.
– Masters of Science in Administrative Medicine/Preventative Medicine, and specialty training in Otolaryngology Head/Neck from Kaiser Foundation Hospital.
– Specialty training in General Surgery from Walter Reed Army General Hospital.
– Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery from George Washington University/National Children’s Hospital, DC.
– Private practice in Lancaster.
– Member Board of Directors, Antelope Valley Health Care System.
– President, Medical Staff, Antelope Valley Hospital Medical Center.
– Parks and Recreation Commissioner, Appointed by Governor of California.
– Member of Lancaster Chamber, Big Brothers of America, AV Partners for Health, and AV Vector Control District.