1979 – Heritage Provider Network (HDMG’s parent company), a recognized leader in healthcare for more than 30 years, was founded by Dr. Richard Merkin.
Dr. Richard Merkin
Early 1980’s – Healthcare saw a significant increase in HMO interest, and in response to the growing demand, Dr. Merkin expanded services in a cooperative effort to assist California health plans in meeting and resolving their clinical challenges.
1981 – High Desert Medical Group was established as a multi-specialty medical group.
1986 – Hertitage Health Care was established as an HDMG satellite, located in Palmdale.
HDMG & HHC proudly serve the Antelope Valley
1991 – 1st Senior Expo featuring guest celebrity, Louis Zamperini.
2016 – HDMG has grown to:
HDMG prides itself on its many Centers:
- Urgent Care Center;
- Geriatric Emergent Care Center, with a Curbside Assistance Program;
- Wellness & Enrichment Center;
- 360 Fitness Zone – over 100 Senior exercise classes per month;
HDMG ongoing events include:
- Annual Senior Expos, attracting over 7,000 seniors and offering over 100 vendor booths, free health screenings, free flu shots, live entertainment, the Senior of the Year Award, the Veterans Community Service Award, and a celebrity guest appearance.
- Bimonthly Free Health Screenings in the Community;
- Intermittent Speaker Series – Provider & Professional educational presentations on Health and Wellness, complimented with fitness demonstrations;
- Intermittent Mall Walker organized fitness mornings (daily – the Antelope Valley Mall opens at 6:00am for the community to complete individual walking laps);