Our award winning Health Education Department offers numerous ongoing classes on a variety of health related topics, with no fee for High Desert Medical Group patients. Our mission is to provide quality educational programs to empower our members to prevent, and manage disease in an effort to improve their health and quality of life.
For more information or if you have any questions, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Health Tip: Healthy Aging
February – Heart Health Awareness Month
Take the Million Hearts™ Challenge Today
Prevention starts with everyone. Protect yourself and your loved ones from heart disease and stroke by understanding the risks and taking these steps
· Drive the initiative by challenging your family and friends to take the Million Hearts™ pledge at http://millionhearts.hhs.gov.
· Get up and get active by being physically active for at least 30 minutes on most days of the week.
· Know your ABCS:
o Ask your doctor if you should take an Aspirin every day.
o Find out if you have high Blood pressure or Cholesterol, and if you do, get effective treatment.
o If you Smoke, get help to quit.
· Make your calories count by eating a heart-healthy diet high in fresh fruits and vegetables and low in sodium and trans fat.
· Take control of your heart health by following your doctor’s prescription instructions.
Together, we can all be one in a million this Heart Month and every month. To learn more, visit http://millionhearts.hhs.gov.
To help you reach your health and wellness goals, High Desert Medical Group offers a variety of workshops and classes to our members. Contact the Health Education Department at 661.951.3375 or email@example.com more information.
Whatever change you choose, remember to focus on one change at time and make a firm commitment to engage in lifestyle changes that will be beneficial to you throughout the remainder of your life.
At High Desert Medical Group, our Health Education Department offers numerous ongoing classes on a variety of health related topics to help our members reach their health goals. For more information, contact us at www.hdmg.net or 661-951-3375
Quick Health Tips
If you're extremely busy like most people, click on these quick health tips to stay fit and remain healthy:
- Hand Washing, Eating for Health, Exercise Basics
- Activity for Adults - English, (Spanish)
- Build A Healthy Meal (Spanish)
- Check for Safety
- Thinking About A Smoke Free Life
- Wellness for Babies
- Activity for Children
Interactive Health Resources & Tools
What is Cervical Health Awareness Month?What is Cervical Health Awareness Month?
Health Education services provided for the following cities:
- Quartz Hill
- Lake Los Angeles
- Pinon Hills
- California City